Mar 31, 2012

Quilts, Quilts and more Quilts!


I had never been to a Quilt Show in my life, I really have no interest in this sort of hobby ...... but I do admire people that have the patience and experience to achieve such beautiful art work!

The Ballan Autumn Festival [March 24 and 25 2012] held the usual "Quilt Show" and I went along to take photos for all my friends that would have enjoyed this event, but could not  attend as they all live so very far away!

All of the quilts and other work on display were amazing, as you can see by the following images:







You have to admit, there is some real talent there!


URLS that maybe of interest:


Mrs Martins Quilt Shop

Addicted to Quilts

Shane Wombats Blog posting on the festival.

Ballan Autumn Festival

also check our previous blog posts on the Ballan Autumn Festival - 2012



The next blog posts will be:

The Parade and The Vintage Vehicles that were on display at the festival.
















1 comment:

  1. So glad to see you are enjoying your little trips about the area, quite a change from Singapore scenery and climate.
    I have been making quilts for over 20 years and have So Many wonderful hours of fun and special friends made at quilting group, not to mention all my wonderful cosy quilts in the house and gifted to my children and grandchildren.
    What you saw at the exhibition are beautiful but there are plenty of beginer patterns and classes, if you find yourself with some spare time give it a try.

    ReplyDelete